National VHPA Site
Washington Chapter, VHPA
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Meeting Minutes, 2nd Quarter
Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association
Meeting at, Olympia Airport, Gathering of War birds, WA.
Subject: Minutes of business meeting and other notes of interest.
Opening of the meeting:
a. Paul asked if anyone remembered who had volunteered to be the coordinator with the VA American Lake to arrange visits or take stuff there, or remember anything about it. This is a follow up on a request by Jack Salm last year that we have a POC with the VA American Lake or elsewhere to take magazines and other things to those hospitalized locally. [This is in addition to the gifts that we gave last year.] Steve Garber remembered some of the discussion, and others brought up some comments and info. Paul also asked if we want to do something with this project. No committee was set up. Paul will contact VA to see what we can do.
 Dave brought up this subject but no one had any input. Later, Jack Salm said we can bring fairly new magazines and soft back books to give to the VA and they can hand them out without accountability.
b. Paul introduced an idea that is part of an earlier idea that we follow the lead of some other on-line veteran groups to have a “Bio and photo” page on our web site that each member can fill out and send the data to a ‘screener’ who would then send it onto the web master for posting. Included in this is for us to use the web site more for interactive RSVP. The consensus of the members was to go ahead and set it up, those without an Internet connection would get a phone call or card as a reminder. [This was urged onward by the passing of Mr. John Ness, A photo was at the sign in table. John Ness died Feb 13, 2008.]
 Dave brought this subject up, after some discussion, Bob Brown will send out a format to everyone for us to respond to for posting to the web site. Bob & Bill Vaughn will get together on this.
c. Paul asked the members if they would go along with us purchasing a small cargo trailer i.e.: 4x6 foot or 6x8 foot to put the chapter equipment in for better storage and always ready to go for each meeting. This was approved and the members were asked to keep an eye open for a used one to keep the cost down.
 Dave asked about this subject. Not much discussion on this subject, no one had done anything about it. Doug Decker explained some of the background on it. No resolution at this time.
Other event notes of interest: See photos.
(Only Current & New Business will be read at the meetings.
members and 2 guests attended. New members: 3 27 total on record.
I ‘think’ some didn’t sign in so they aren’t counted. I have one corrected now. Does it really matter? It could matter in planning future events, for size of location, number of seats, tables, how much food to have, to name a few things, you do count.
WA Chapter, Secretary,
Doug Decker _date/time: 6/17/2008 8:24 PM. E-mail: email@example.com
Send mail to the webmaster
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web site.